MilSim Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Airsoft & milsim

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Vs New

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sno
Admin
sno

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 pm

M14 classic Vs M14 EBR, What style do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Patinator

Patinator

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:46 pm

What does this have to do with classic guns...? Are we talking only about classic airsoft M14s and Mk 14 EBRs?
Back to top Go down
sno
Admin
sno

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Was not to sure of the topic myself, so i thought I'd start it off with Old guns that have been modernized. santa
Back to top Go down
Patinator

Patinator

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Well, classic airsoft guns have a whole different operating mechanism. Powered by gas, but it's not like GBB or NBB. Very different. It's a lot more reliable than AEGs, too, including accuracy and range... but they're very expensive and rare, because most of the companies that made them went belly up a long time ago. :/

But as for this topic, I personally prefer the 'Nam style M14.
Back to top Go down
sno
Admin
sno

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 pm

ohh i know what you're talking about. At the bottom of the pistol grip. There is a tube that runs to a air tank or something right? kinda like a paintball gun?
Back to top Go down
Patinator

Patinator

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 pm

I think classic guns can run off either an internal gas storage like a GBBR or an external tank, like paintball I guess. I don't really know. Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin: Tenhoff
Admin
Admin: Tenhoff

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:18 pm

classics are gas systems, they have an internal reservoir, a tube that leads to a tank or just a big co2 reservoir like paint ball guns
Back to top Go down
https://milsimuniverse.4umer.com
jqzd39

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 am

most CA guns, but not all, are clones of G&G. They usually have the same externals except for the internals w/c as you've said CA has higher FPS.

Base on my experience (I have 3 G&G guns; CQBS, M14, UMG), G&G builds good/high quality guns. So far I have them for 2 years now and I haven't got any problems with them except for some lose wiring with the motor because I changed it.

since you are going for the m14 ebr w/c i would assume is somewhat similar to my m14, let me start by telling you that when I first used it even at 370 fps it was very very damn accurate! I think one of the pros of G&G guns is its accuracy out of the box.

with regards to your idea of having higher fps for better range is somewhat true, but 370 vs 400fps? 30 fps is not much of a big difference. I would suggest you upgrade to 550-600 at .20g bbs, then use heavier .28 - .30g bbs for better range and accuracy. so either way, CA or G&G, I strongly recommend you upgrade the internals. I'm pretty sure the 400fps CA won't outgun the 370fps G&G.

you also have to remember in airsoft, higher fps doesn't mean better accuracy. I've shot a 500fps mp5 gun and its accuracy is like hell!

finally my last note. Once you get the gun DO NOT FORGET to tighten the screws on the front sight or just use some kind of permanent glue. I know a couple of people who lost their font sight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Vs New Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Vs New   Old Vs New Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Vs New
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MilSim Universe :: Airsoft Guns & Accessories :: Classic Guns-
Jump to: