MilSim Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Airsoft & milsim

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin: Tenhoff
Admin

2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. Empty
PostSubject: 2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.   2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 am

This is a full guide on the 2007-2010 army rangers loadout, I will go in order from head to toe to keep it simple.All information& pictures in this thread has been gathered from various websites/ guides and personal experiences.

helmets& accessories
The standard issue helmet for the 2007-2010 era rangers is the MICH tc2000 helmet in khaki tan, commonly paired with Velcro squares on the sides top and rear. The side squares are used for an IFF flag patch, also they usually Velcro their ms2000 to the back of the helmet(I will get to the ms2000 later). If I remember correctly, Towards the end of 09 they started using the tc2001 as well. Accessories include, goggle retention straps. A Norotos one hole NVG mount or a standard MICH nvg mount(or so I've seen) with a TATM NVG arm will work fine. Usually rangers will use either a surefire lid mounted light or the PETZL TakTikka head torch. They also use night vision that is either mounted to the arm system on the helmet or on the PRI bracket which would go on the gun. For airsoft players, it's a good idea to have ESS full seal goggles or oakley a frames for skirmishes and such(that is where the goggle retention straps come in handy)

pictured examples:
A Norotos one hole mount with a TATM arm.
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRZySLOUbf8_ihEFFKaKC22BAiZ7KIHZW93CD_tbKDteyAbf24SA&t=1
standard MICH nvg mount
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. Ranger3-1

clothing
Common 07-10 clothing consists of ACU,UCP jacket and trousers or a PCU lv5 jacket with ACU trousers combo. towards the 09 era they started using ACU,OCP(multicam) for rangers going into A-Stan.

pictured example:
ACU UCP
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. ACU
PCU jacket
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. S73F1475

1st line
Your first line is your battle belt & suspenders/harness. This is where you put your most essential items for survival in the scenario that you have to bug out and need to loose your main rig. k rations,a dump pouch and an IFAK(you can also put this on your second line) should go on the 1st line along with possibly a multitool

link to a 1stline belt:
FLYYE Right-Angle Belt

2nd line
Your second line is your main rig used for combat consisting of a vest w/ pouches. For the rangers loadout, vests would include the the RRV and/or RRS-V ( an RLCS RRV with a MSAP cummerbund) and back plate combo, an EI PC/MBAV, RBSS(basically an MBSS in RG and CIRAS style shoulder pads), a CIRAS land version and a few others. To my knowledge for this era, they have only used ranger green color gear until around the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011 when they started phasing slowly into MJK. This is why you will see pictures in the 2010-2011 era with a mixture of RG and MJK gear.

common pouches
1: admin pouch
3-8: single, double stack 5.56 pouches
3-8: single double stack 7.62 pouches(if you are doing a DM impression with an mk14)
2: 200rd saw ammo box pouches (if you are doing a support gunner impression with an mk46)
1: MBITR pouch
1: utility pouch
1: 1qt canteen pouch
1: IFAK
1-2: frag grenade pouches
1-2: smoke grenade pouches
and what ever that you feel is necessary (within reason of accuracy)

linked&pictured example:
an RRV & CIRAS with pouches.
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. Gear1dh7
now for a rangers loadout the correct admin pouch would be this one(the flyye right angle admin pouch)
FLYYE Right-Angle Administrative Pouch

3rd line
Your third line is what I like to call "luxuries". This is your pack/bag. weather it be a MAP with extra rations, maps etc, or a 3 day assault pack filled with camping & cooking equipment.

linked example:
a MAP
FLYYE MBSS Hydration Backpack
a 3 day assault pack
EbairSoft Airsoft parts & Tactical Gear - G TMC TAC Attack Pack ( RG DELUX VERSION ) TMC0005

boots:
I have seen Merrell sawtooth boots in earlier pictures, but I believe they aren't allowed anymore. the standard boots used are desert tan 8in combat boots like Altima, black hawk, etc.

linked example:
a pair of desert combat boots
Men's Guide Gear 8 Waterproof Side - Zip Desert Boots, Desert Tan, Men's Footwear, Guide Gear at Sportsman's Guide

Personal Preference PPE
-Eye wear:
Common personal preference eye wear includes oakley A frames or M frames, or ESS full seal goggles.

-Gloves:
Gloves are usually personal preference, the most common gloves used by rangers are, 5.11 gloves, mechanix, & oakley. other gloves used are, camelbak magnum FR's, and others.

-Knee pads:
Rangers usually use black knee pads of various brands like ALTA, black hawk Xtac, etc, but they can be any flat natural tone color (within reason).

-ACR MS2000
The MS2000 is an emergency strobe that can emit a bright strobe light or an IR strobe.

-Helicopter safety harness lines

communication & navigation
MSA sordins and/ or Peltor comtac II headsets with a nexus style ptt are the most common thing I've seen. For the radio it's self, I believe they used the PRC 148 and PRC 152, although it's probably easier to use a simple 2 way family band radio in a shell, like the PRC 152 case. I'm running a cobra CXT175 family band. In terms of navigation I've seen pictures of them with a Garmin Foretrex101 wrist gps and obviously they have maps and compasses and such. I wouldn't suggest buying a real Garmin unless you plan to use it in everyday life as well or at least for hiking and other similar activities, other wise that's kind of a waste of money.

If you look at the wrist, that over sized watch is actually a gps. That is the Garmin Foretrex101
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. Ranger-sr-25

Other personal pref & misc items
-zip tie cuffs, used to retain POW's and so on
-a shemagh, commonly used to protect and cool the neck
-IR/IFF patches, friendly fire protection
-morale patches, used to raise morale
-chem lights(glow sticks) red is to mark IEDs and green is for marking cleared rooms, to my knowledge

Here is a pictured example of rangers(they are at a ceremony for the issuing of their new scar rifles)
2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. SCAR-rangers

-MICH: Modular/Integrated Communications Helmet
-IFF/IR: identify friendly forces/ infrared
-NVG: night vision goggle
-ACU: army combat uniform
-PCU: protective combat uniform
-BDU: battle dress uniform
-RRV: Rhodesian Recon Vest
-EI: eagle industries
-PC: plate carrier
-IFAK: improved first aid kit
-MBITR: muti-band inter team radio
-MAP: modular assault pack
-PPE: personal protective equipment
-MK46
-MK14
-MK12
-MK48
-Bretta m9
-scar

Last edited by Admin: Tenhoff on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://milsimuniverse.4umer.com
Patinator

Patinator

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.   2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:30 am

This is a nice guide, Tenhoff... no offense, but it could use a little editing as far as spelling, punctuation, maybe some spacing in the larger paragraphs... but aside from that, it's all great.

Although one thing is missing from what I can see... guns! XD
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.   2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 am

yeah, i realized that when i was reposting it in airsoft society. i edited it as best as i could in my state of awakeness :p
could you check out the one on society and see if there is anything else i might need to fix? it's in the airsoft accessories section
Back to top Go down
https://milsimuniverse.4umer.com
Patinator

Patinator

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.   2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 am

Yeah, that's a 10-4, Tenhoff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.   2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide. Empty

Back to top Go down

2007-2010 army rangers loadout guide.
Page 1 of 1